I consider a “travel project” to be a series of trips on a certain theme. (Think of each of these as a “travel checklist.”) On this page, I’ll list the ones that I’m currently working on and the ones that I’ve completed.
Completed Travel Projects
- See all remaining US Space Shuttles (4/4 Shuttles Visited)
- See all of the Presidential Museums curated by NARA (13/13 Libraries Visited)
- See all of the manned Apollo Capsules (12/12 Capsules Visited. Apollo 1 is not on display, due to the nature of what happened.)
Current Travel Projects
- See all of the Skylab capsules. (2/3 capsules visited.)
- See the most notable Civil War landmarks & locations
- Visit all bourbon distilleries listed on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail passport (and Buffalo Trace).
- Visit all notable tiki bars / shops / locations as possible
- Fill my National Parks Passport with stamps from all 421 (and counting) National Park units.
Future Travel Projects (Under Consideration)
- See all remaining Concorde aircraft (18 Locations) – Not currently possible, due to the one in Barbados closing.
- See all remaining SR-71 / A-12 / YF-12 Blackbirds (30 Locations)
- See all Mercury capsules.
- See all Gemini capsules.
I’m always looking for ideas–leave any suggestions in the comments below!