I consider a “travel project” to be a series of trips on a certain theme. (Think of each of these as a “travel checklist.”) On this page, I’ll list the ones that I’m currently working on and the ones that I’ve completed.
Completed Travel Projects
- See all remaining US Space Shuttles (4/4 Shuttles Visited)
- See all of the Presidential Museums curated by NARA (13/13 Libraries Visited)
- See all of the manned Apollo and Skylab Capsules (16/16 Capsules Visited. Apollo 1 is not on display, due to the nature of what happened, so the door is included in lieu of the capsule.)
Current Travel Projects
See the most notable Civil War landmarks & locations:
Go to all of the locations mentioned in The Beach Boys song, “Kokomo” (6/11):
- Aruba ✔
- Jamaica ✔
- The Bahamas ✔
- Key Largo ✔
- Montego Bay ✔
- The Florida Keys ✔
- Port Au Prince (Haiti)
- Kokomo (Indiana)
Fly on all of the main Southwest Airlines Special Livery Planes (i.e. – simple nose cone decals don’t count, multiple check marks represent multiple flights on that livery):
- Arizona One
- California One
- Colorado One ✔✔️
- Florida One ✔✔✔
- Freedom One (US Flag) ✔
- Illinois One
- Lone Star One (Texas Flag)
- Louisiana One
- Maryland One ✔✔
- Missouri One ✔
- Nevada One ✔
- New Mexico One
- Tennessee One ✔✔
- Triple Crown One ✔✔
Visit all bourbon distilleries listed on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail passport (and Buffalo Trace).
Visit the most notable tiki bars / shops / locations.
Fill my National Parks Passport with stamps from all 421 (and counting) National Park units, specifically focusing on the 63 US National Parks themselves.
Future Travel Projects (Under Consideration)
- See all remaining Concorde aircraft (18 Locations) – Not currently possible, due to the one in Barbados closing.
- See all remaining SR-71 / A-12 / YF-12 Blackbirds (30 Locations)
- See all Mercury capsules.
- See all Gemini capsules.
I’m always looking for ideas–leave any suggestions in the comments below!
Leave a Reply