This page provides quick access to all of the resources that I use in my traveling efforts.
General Travel Resources
- Great Circle Mapper – Calculates “How far from point A to point B?” and generates maps of said routes.
- Travel.State.Gov International Travel – This site should be consulted before traveling internationally. It’s the “official” US government site that discusses safety in other countries, visa requirements, etc.
- Atlas Obscura – Great online travel magazine that discusses lots of unique and more obscure travel destinations. They also have a great book.
- Only In Your State – A well-curated collection of articles related to travel. Good to use for trip planning.
Road Trip Resources
- Roadtrippers – This was better when it was free, but it’s still powerful. Use this to answer questions like, “What points of interest are along my route as I drive from point A to point B?”
- Roadside America – A great online guide to all of the classic, (and sometimes campy and tacky) roadside attractions in the US. They also have a great book and app.
Air Travel & Non-Rev Resources
- FlightLookup – This is my go-to resource for figuring out the best and most efficient schedule (and route) to get from one airport to another.
- FlightConnections – Interactive map website that helps visualize what all of the routes from one airport to another are. This is my go-to resource to figure out a strategy for non-revving on overseas flights.
- StaffTraveler App – The most helpful resource I’ve encountered in helping to figure out flight loads on other airlines.
- FlyZed.info – This is the de facto rulebook for ZED fares on every carrier.
- FlightRadar24 – A live look at all of the aircraft in the air. They also have great iOS and Android apps.
- AirHint – A tool used to track pricing of airline tickets. The tool gives you the ability to create a price alert, and will report the estimated chance that the fare will drop.
- Cruise Timetables – This helps answer the questions like, “Where will the ____ ship be on September 22nd?” and “What other cruise ships will be on my port on December 1st?”
- CruiseMapper – This site is like FlightRadar24 for cruise ships. It can be used to answer questions like, “Where is the Carnival Vista today?” but the next link is a bit quicker at answering that question. They also have a great smartphone app.
- CruiseCal – Use this site to quickly answer, “Where is ____ ship today?”
Other Non-Rev Travel Blogs
- Cleared List – A good non-rev travel blog. This blog isn’t regularly updated. I hope someday my blog will be similarly useful to this blog.
- Tales from the Flying Circus – Another helpful non-rev travel blog, written by someone in inflight. This one is more humorous, and contains some great advice. Again, and sadly, it is not updated regularly.
- Passrider.com – Another great non-rev travel blog.
- My YouTube Channel
- Dine at Joe’s – My last Blog Project. Not updated regularly anymore, but still very valid.
- SmugMug Photo Sharing Site (A password is required – Contact Joe for access)
- FlightMemory – This shows all of the flights that I have flown, updated to the current moment.