This post is a “first” for Joe’s Bucket List. This Google Map is an attempt at an online, interactive “museum exhibit” of all of the poker chips I’ve collected in my travels. Hopefully, this will be the first of many. Clicking on the small poker chips in the map above will give you a higher resolution view of the poker chip, and tell you a bit more about each chip in my collection.
I started this collection on my first trip to Las Vegas in September, 2011. Upon returning home from each trip where I acquired poker chips, I added them to one big shadow box.
Here’s a few facts about the collection:
- There are 69 total poker chips in the collection, as of today (10/20/2022), collected over 11 years.
- The total value of the collection is $97. Most are $1 chips, but the highest denomination of chip in the collection is $25.
- I picked up most of these chips “in person,” but sometimes friends helped me out. In any case, each chip is geolocated to the location where the casino is (or was).
- For all cruise ship poker chips, they’ve been geolocated at the port where I embarked on the boat for the first time. (For example: While I’ve been on the Vista multiple times, I first got on the boat in Miami, which is where the chip is geolocated on the map.)
- 50 of the 69 chips (72.4% of the collection) were acquired in the state of Nevada.
- Multiple casinos represented in the collection have closed.
Which chip is your favorite? Am I missing any “essential” chips? Tell me in the comments below!